Saturday, March 2, 2013

Molotov Med Cocktail: My Post for the "Autistic People Are..." Flashblog

The Colonel was very nice and said we could reprint her piece for the flashblog. It came from here.

This is of me and my husband at our totally-not-a-wedding-reception party. If you do recognize me or my husband, I request that you keep it to yourselves-- I'm out as an NLD'er, but my hubby is not really out as an Aspie, and that is best for at least another couple of months. That's why I picked a picture of him mostly turned away. 

You should contribute to the "Autistic People Are..." flashblog! It runs until March 2nd, so you still have time! I'm going to suggest for this one that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Better yet, if you're not going to be triggered by doing so, let Google search auto-complete the phrase "Autistic People Are" for you. With the exception of "Autistic People Are Smart," all of the phrases that came up were exactly what this flash blog is trying not to do. So don't be hatin'. As recent events have revealed, if you have any stuff to say about how "inspirational" Autistics are, you might want to avoid that too as many people have been triggered by that.

And with that said, I bid you good blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment